My review of River Raid on the Atari 2600
MJRExtras – Beach Buggy Racing 2 review, impressions & gameplay running on the Xbox Series X in 4K. This is a kart racing game by Vector Unit who made the amazing Hydro Thunder Hurricane back on the Xbox 360.
Review and some gameplay of the excellent game Velocity 2x (Switch) – the mix of top down shooter with 2D platforming is so much fun!
MJR Extras: Here is Pilot Wings Resort running on the 3DS with the USB mod output to a Windows 10 machine, captured via OBS.
IGN: Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time reviewed by Jonathon Dornbush on PS4 Pro. Also available on Xbox One.
This is the “Pro” version of the popular RetroTINK2X upscaler/line doubler for 2020. I review the new features, show you gameplay footage and try to decide if it is worth the upgrade. More info: http://www.retrotink.com
The Retro Champ tries to be the “Switch” for NES/Famicom cartridges, but sadly fails in many key areas. I wanna like it…but NOPE…
- good size, feels well built
- I like that there is a rechargeable battery
- turns on and boots up very quick
- Supports thousands of physical games
- Screen is not crisp at all. Looks like 240p footage instead of upscaled
- D-pad is a little shallow and mushy
- Has a death grip on your NES cartridge
- Famicom cartridges are very tough to get out because they’re flush with the system. You need to either use that special tool to push them out or another NES cartridge which is kind of weird and bad design
- colors washed out or overly saturated
- Aspect ratio cuts off the right side in 4 x 3
- Sound is off. Not emulated correctly
Blizzard is launching their widely anticipated MOBA Heroes of the Storm game & TheBigJB gives us his review of the popular Beta